We are pleased to announce the launch of our latest educational initiative: CNG Boot Camp. This course is designed specifically to support Certified Naturally Grown farmers in understanding best practices for vegetable production, while fostering valuable connections with other like-minded producers.
We will offer the course multiple times, and to different cohorts of about 25 farmers each. Cohorts will be defined as much as possible according to geographic region, growing zone, experience and scale, to help maximize valuable networking and focused learning with peers who share similar experiences. Boot Camp will be held online, in five weekly 90-minute sessions.
Our first course will be offered to farmers in the Southeast, and begins mid-September. Southern farmers hold your spot here if you're farming in the South and would like to be notified when registration opens.
If you'd like to participate in another Boot Camp cohort, register your interest here.
Five weekly sessions will cover the following topics:
- Soil Management
- Weed Management & Bed Preparation
- Pest and Disease Management
- Seed Selection & Transplants
- Peer-review Inspections
Each course will include the following elements.
- Short films featuring CNG farmers (to watch in advance of sessions)
- Live conversations between experienced farmers about how the topic pertains to their farms
- Overview video lessons for each of the topics (to watch in advance of sessions)
- Small group discussions where participants can engage with experts and each other
- Direct support and input on your particular farming challenges
Boot Camp will not only boost understanding of best practices for CNG vegetable production. It will also foster valuable peer connections and provide tailored tips for participants' particular challenges.
Priority consideration is given to CNG producers, and those in the process of obtaining certification, but others are welcome to join if spots are available. Additional cohorts will be opened in the late fall and throughout the winter months.