The Grassroots Fund was established to lower the cost of CNG certification for beginning farmers, those hit by unusual hardship such as extreme weather or physical injuries, and others who have difficulty paying the minimum dues required for CNG certification.
We have established payment plans in the online store to enable members to pay dues in multiple smaller payments over time. While we recommend paying $200 or more for dues, the bare minimum dues required to cover our core expenses is $150.
Farmers who can't cover the minimum dues of $150 may apply for a waiver and request support covering their dues from the Grassroots Fund.
Where does the money come from? Primarily donations from other CNG farmers, and people like you. If you're able, please chip in!
Thanks very much for your support.
Apply for Assistance From the Grassroots Fund
To be eligible for a waiver, farmers must already have CNG certification, or complete an online application for CNG certification. Please think carefully about whether you might cover your dues using one of our payment plans before applying for a waiver. Grassroots Funds are limited.
To apply for a waiver, follow these three steps.
1. Submit a short statement that includes the following information:
- the name of your farm,
- how long you've been farming,
- a brief description of your farm, history, and/or anything special about you and your farm,
- why you're requesting financial assistance from the Grassroots Fund,
- why it's important to you that your farm is a part of CNG,
- the dollar amount you're able to contribute
2. Print and sign a Declaration.
3. Send your Application Statement and Declaration to Certified Naturally Grown.
Email: [email protected]
Fax: 845 237 3577
Grassroots Fund Criteria
Priority is given to farmers who:
- are in their first three years of operation, or
- are facing unusual hardship like extreme weather, physical injury, recent job loss
- lost major markets - like restaurant sales - due to the pandemic
- have a track record of meeting CNG requirements in a timely manner (for returning members)
- will benefit from certification
- are recommended by other CNG farmers
- are willing to promote CNG in their local community