Filmed Farmer Teacher
Certified Naturally Grown is looking to hire farmers with experience producing the following crops:
…and who are comfortable following a script and talking in front of a camera on their farm. The filming will take place this August. Farmers must be located in the United States.
The time commitment is just 10-15 hours per film, including 2-4 hours for script development & team collaboration, 8-11 hours for filming day.
- Work with project team to prepare script prior to filming
- Be available for at least one full day of filming on a date when there will be minimal on-site noise (such as from farm crew or CSA pickup activity) and mostly free of distractions
- Prepare for film date by becoming familiar with the script, reading it aloud several times in order to be able to deliver the lines comfortably
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Comfortable following a script and talking in front of a camera
- Ability to collaborate with a remote team via email and video calls
- At least three years of farming experience
- Ready and reliable access to a suitable production area on your farm where filming can take place
- Availability in August 2022
Desirable Skills and Qualifications
- Eight or more years of experience in farming
- Farm is currently Certified Naturally Grown
- Training or extensive experience in theater
- Classroom teaching or other performative experience
TWO STEPS TO APPLY
#1: Tell Us About Yourself on the short application
#2: Upload a short video of yourself - about 2 minutes - talking about some aspect of your farm operation. We don't expect this to be fancy or elaborate, so a cell phone video is fine. Our goal is to get a sense of your personality and demeanor on camera in an instructional role. The topic can relate to any aspect of your operation, for example,
- an approach you have to address pest/disease issues
- demonstration of techniques/tools/equipment for weeding
- one of the topics listed, by us or you, on the application form
Please be sure to both Apply and Upload before the application deadline Tuesday July 19th at 10am Eastern. We understand this is a very busy time of year, so we made the application easy to complete. Thanks very much for sharing about yourself and your farm. You may contact CNG via email with any questions.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Certified Naturally Grown (CNG) offers peer-review certification to farmers and beekeepers who produce food for their local communities without the use of synthetic chemicals or GMOs. More than 700 farmers and beekeepers throughout North America participate. Farmers appreciate Certified Naturally Grown as a way to verify their ecological farming practices and demonstrate their commitment to the highest ideals of the organic movement. CNG is a private non-profit organization that is not affiliated with the USDA Organic Program. Our approach goes beyond enforcing regulations by encouraging knowledge exchange and supporting farmers to adopt best practices with scale-appropriate methods.
CNG's participatory approach is recognized by IFOAM - Organics International as an important way to include small-scale producers in the organic movement and to help them succeed.
We value diversity within our farming operations as well as in the CNG staff and our community of farmers, so we strongly encourage applications from people who are underrepresented within North American agriculture. Certified Naturally Grown is an equal opportunity employer and hires without regard to race, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation or physical disability.