~ This position has been filled ~
Deadline to Apply: July 12, 10am Eastern
MEMBER SERVICES COORDINATOR
This is a full-time position, to be carried out remotely and/or in our Brooklyn office. Priority consideration will be given to candidates located in New York State, but strong candidates from other states will be considered.
We seek an enthusiastic and detail-oriented individual to support the administration of our programs and serve as the primary liaison to the farmers and beekeepers who participate in our grassroots initiatives throughout North America. Work is to be done mainly during regular business hours on weekdays, but there is some flexibility.
This core staff position comes with opportunities for professional development and expansion of the role into special projects and new responsibilities. Candidates who are positive, driven, and creative problem solvers will find rewarding opportunities to have a positive impact on the farmers who participate in our programs.
- Respond to inquiries from farmers and beekeepers interested in certification
- Welcome new members by phone, and help ensure they understand the core certification requirements
- Provide timely and regular reminders to all members when inspections are due, and offer assistance with arranging inspections.
- Maintain up-to-date certification records for each member
- Manage CNG's social media accounts (IG and FB)
- Order fulfillment: assemble and ship educational and marketing materials
- Process incoming certification documents, membership dues, and other correspondence
- Special projects as needed to support the work of the organization
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal communication skills
- Self-starter and also a team player, responsive to feedback
- Strong customer service skills and interest in helping farmers
- Ability to prioritize tasks and work independently
- Ability to give consistent careful attention to details, and to be organized
- Ability to write in a manner that is compelling, grammatical, clear and concise
- College degree or equivalent experience
- Proficiency with Excel and Google Suite
Desirable Skills and Qualities
- Working knowledge of organic farming techniques and challenges
- History of engagement with some aspect of sustainable agriculture
- Experience managing or working on a farm, keeping bees, or cultivating mushrooms
- Passion and talent for telling visual stories and engaging with a community on social media
- Experience with peer-review programs, in farming or other contexts
- Inclination to suggest new and improved processes or approaches to our work
Salary: $35 - $50k, based on experience and location
Benefits: Health insurance cost reimbursement up to $350 per month, plus vacation, holidays and paid sick leave.
HOW TO APPLY
Submit your cover letter, resume, plus at least two references (name, contact info) in one file here: CNGfarming.org/cng_job. Please ensure the file name begins with your last name. Applications will be received by Alice Varon, Executive Director. Kindly contact CNG via email, not phone, with any questions. The deadline to apply is July 12, 10am Eastern, but interviews may begin sooner.
Certified Naturally Grown (CNG) offers peer-review certification to farmers and beekeepers who produce food for their local communities without the use of synthetic chemicals or GMOs. More than 700 farmers and beekeepers throughout North America participate. Farmers appreciate Certified Naturally Grown as a way to verify their ecological farming practices and demonstrate their commitment to the highest ideals of the organic movement. CNG is a private non-profit organization that is not affiliated with the USDA Organic Program. Our approach goes beyond enforcing regulations by encouraging knowledge exchange and supporting farmers to adopt best practices with scale-appropriate methods.
CNG's participatory approach is recognized by IFOAM - Organics International as an important way to include small-scale producers in the organic movement and to help them succeed.
We value diversity within our farming operations as well as in the CNG staff and our community of farmers, so we strongly encourage applications from people who are underrepresented within North American agriculture. Certified Naturally Grown is an equal opportunity employer and hires without regard to race, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation or physical disability.