Photo from Oregon City Farmers Market
This fall, we’ve been in conversation with over 50 market managers about what steps they could take to be listed in the Markets Directory that we created in order to feature and thank the markets and grocers that support CNG producers in their area.
Many managers have shared with us that Certified Naturally Grown makes a big difference to their vendors and customers!
We're pleased to announce that the following twelve farmers markets have recently qualified to be added to our directory:
- Siloam Springs Locally Grown, Arkansas
- Marietta Square Farmers Market, Georgia
- Roswell Farmers and Artisans Market, Georgia
- Mill City Farmers Market, Minneapolis, Minnesota
- Northeast Market, Minneapolis, Minnesota
- Miami County Locally Grown, Ohio
- Oregon City Farmers Market, Oregon
- Swarthmore Farmers Market, Pennsylvania
- Nourish Knoxville Farmers Markets, Tennessee
- South Cumberland Farmers Market, Tennessee
- Saint Stephens Episcopal Church Market, Richmond, Virginia
- Wenatchee Valley Farmers Market, Washington
Recognizing, preferring, and even requiring our certification helps managers uphold high standards for their vendors, and assures customers that farmers' claims about their growing practices have actually been verified.
What do markets have to do to join our directory?
Here are just some of the actions they take--
Enable farmers to indicate their CNG status on the farmers market website
Display CNG brochures or farm cards at their info tents
Provide a definition of Certified Naturally Grown on their website and/or vendor Applications
Add Certified Naturally Grown as a preferred certification on their Vendor Applications
Require that vendors are Certified Naturally Grown in order to participate
State on their websites or promotional materials that they work with Certified Naturally Grown farmers
The above farmers markets, and all grocery stores and food co-ops in our directory have taken one or more of the above actions in order to become listed.
photo from Burning River Farm in Wisconsin
Thank you, farmers market managers, for supporting our high standards and our community-oriented farmers! Together, we’re stronger.
photo from Radix Farm in Washington