As the growing season is upon us, farmers are focused on production, at last! But at some point every CNG producer needs to arrange for their annual peer-inspection.
Farmers report gaining a lot from the inspections they give and receive, but we are striving to make them even more valuable, while keeping the process as streamlined as possible. In 2020 we developed an initiative to name highly qualified, experienced CNG producers to serve as Senior Remote Inspectors (SRIs). We announced our first cohort in November.
Today we’re pleased to announce CNG’s second cohort of SRIs. This group of twelve long-time members includes several who have been with CNG for more than ten years.
CNG's Second Cohort of Senior Remote Inspectors
- Clay Brady, Foster Brady Farm, GA
- Sue Rekenthaler, Natural Farm Stand, IL
- Chad Gard, Hole in the Woods Farm, IN
- Tom Farquhar, Sandy Spring Gardens, MD
- Peter Robertson, Natural Cycles Farm, MI
- Tara Lynne Groth, Five Acres Honey Farm, NC
- Rebekah Rice, Nine Mile Farm, NY
- Jennifer Sharpnack, Family Roots Farm, OH
- John Bailey, Woodtrail Graziers, VA
- Robert White, Crickhollow Farm, VA
- Seyra Whitney, Shalom Farms, VA
- Amy Willoughby, Patchwork Family Farm, VA
If you are an experienced CNG farmer and have conducted inspections for at least two different farms, we encourage you to apply. Find out how at the bottom of our SRI Overview page. And you can see who was included in our First Cohort of SRIs here.
A Big Thank You!
Development of the SRI program was made possible with support from the Peer Inspection Impact Fund. Thank you to everyone who has contributed. Your gifts power improvements that help CNG to better serve the farmers at the heart of the good food movement! Photo: @tulsafarmersmarket